How We Define Christian Counseling
We define Christian counseling as the process of applying God’s Word to the heart, mind, soul, and strength of those whom we serve. The purpose of counseling is to develop maturity on every level: spiritual, emotional, intellectual, interpersonal, social, economic, and physical. We believe that health and well-being is ultimately rooted in a personal relationship with God through the person of Jesus Christ. The counseling agent of change is the Holy Spirit working through an authentic relationship between the client and the counselor.
We believe that psychology, like any academic discipline, is most useful when critically examined through the lens of Scripture, the Old and New Testaments. When modern theories and methods of psychology conflict with biblical truth, Scripture is preeminent.
The Wellspring Counseling Center is dedicated to providing quality, affordable and accessible counseling services in the Turlock, Modesto, Ceres, and Oakdale areas. Our blend of licensed therapists and counselors in training allow us to provide our community with reduced counseling rates, making professional services more affordable. We accept some insurance company payments and payment through the Victim Compensation Fund. Our services are funded solely through donations and the counseling fees paid by our clients and client contracts in the community.
We have also developed Wellspring Fellowship of Christian Counselors (WFCC), which is an outside community resource and referral network of Christian lay counselors, recovery groups, pastoral, and professional counselors.
Although we do have a signed Statement of Faith on file for each of these counselors, this list is not an endorsement by Wellspring Counseling Ministries (WCM) of the counselor’s relationship with Christ or their ability to integrate biblical truth with counseling theory and practice. Unless otherwise noted, the counselors are not employed by WCM. It is the responsibility of the individual contacting the counselor to ask questions related to their own personal needs and concerns.
Our Statement of Faith
- We believe that the Bible, in its entirety in the original writings, is the inspired, inerrant, infallible, and authoritative Word of God.
- We believe in God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious death and atonement through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, in His imminent personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that, for the salvation of lost and sinful man, faith in the Lord Jesus Christ provides the only grounds for justification.
- We believe in the regenerating ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose power the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- We believe in the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and life eternal.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of the Church, which is the body of Christ, composed of all who are reborn through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.
- We believe in the reality of heaven, hell, and Satan, which gives urgency to Christ’s command to reach the entire world with the Gospel.